Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 30- 1 MONTH!

Date: April 30, 2012
Weight: 137
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: HAD to meditate this morning- my mind was everywhere
X  Daily Physical Exercise: But there's no time!
ü  Limited Television: No time for this either :-)
X  Clean House: Heck to the no. I had other bat crazy mess on my mind.
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Hahaha for the most part! Of all days...
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: IT'S THE LAST DAY! I can't believe it! An entire month raw. If you had asked me to do this three months ago, I would've told you that an entire DAY raw would be a feat. The bug caught me, though. It caught me and wouldn't let go until I caved and tried the whole raw thing, and wow... it happened! It's amazing how everyone's experience was throughout the month... which will all be featured in the viral video I will be making :-) Now... when that will be finished, nobody knows because I am one busy bee.

Not sure if I posted this on here or not... actually I'm pretty sure I did, but I landed that job in New York! And now, making preparations for that has been my life. I have very little room in my life for anything else, but I do need to dedicate a day to making this video happen or else it never will.

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: Nothing frozen, so I just ate two bananas and some strawberries
Snack: Grapes that gave me freaking acid reflux. What?? I've barely had any acid reflux problems since I've been vegetarian. I am actually starting to think that it's the workouts I've been doing, because I had some problems with it yesterday as well. Oy vey.
Lunch: Two oranges that SUCKED with acid reflux. The acidity did not help. This is when I caved. I was in so much pain from acid rushing up my esophagus, that I ate a piece of a peanut butter cookie. It was out of SHEER desperation for comfort! I swear! Not trying to cheat, but there was nothing else.
Snack: I was starving, so half a bag of kale chips, a medjool date, and a raw brownie.
Dinner: I wasn't hungry at all, but we were having our last potluck, so eating was pretty necessary. I brought sweet potato french fries with adobo "mayo". Yvonne made a bunch of marinated veggies and fruit salad and then Jackie stuffed dates with almonds and rolled them in coconut :-) It was a fairly simple meal, but it was great to just have conversation.

All of my thoughts about this month are in this blog and on the video that I will be putting up eventually. In the end, though, I have concluded two things:

1. I have a love-hate relationship with raw. I love how I feel/look/etc... I hate all of the work/money/social alienation. When it becomes more mainstream, it will be a lot more enjoyable.

2. This entire month has been a positive experience... even the "down" parts were overall positive. I truly believe that eating raw can lead to optimum health and even stave away cancer and disease... and I am going to incorporate a LOT of it in my life.

Right now I am trying to figure out the balance of raw-vegan that I can keep in my life while being able to afford it and actually having the time to prepare foods. That and I don't want to start eating regular foods and gain weight because I inadvertently add extra calories. Finding the balance is going to be the new struggle... but overall I am glad to be another force of health in this world :-) There's a fairly silent revolution going on and its followers are getting louder and louder. Soon, I hope that raw foods become the main staple in our lives to replace the fried, processed mess that they pass off as "okay". That time is coming :-)... Oh man this is a lame conclusion... I am obviously very tired hahaha.

Okay off to bed.

Here's to healthier, happier, lives!

-------------------------

Raw Sweet Potato Fries and "Mayo"

No comments:

Post a Comment