Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 8

Date: April 8, 2012
Weight: 140ish?
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal
ü  Daily Physical Exercise
ü  Limited Television
ü  Clean House
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: I am exempt from all daily goals and whatnot because this has been a vacation weekend! Meaning I had an interview in NYC, so had three days of not being able to journal and such. No fret, though, I stayed raw the WHOLE time and even got some of it on film! With me came my best friend Shellie from Middle School and a cooler full of fruits, vegetables, and stuff that eventually started to stink up the hotel room without a mini-frig haha. My plan wasn't full proof, after all, but it did serve me pretty well. On the bus ride to New York, the traffic was horrendous, so it took us 8 hours rather than 6. I only brought enough food on the bus for 6 hours, so I was starrrrviiiiing by the time we got to the hotel. Rest areas are NOT raw friendly. I will admit to eating a Naked juice in desperation which isn't that bad considering the circumstances.

The second day, my plan was to hit up a Jamba Juice on the way to my interview... there was one PERFECTLY placed along the route... but of course, it wasn't open at the time I needed it. I had come prepared with some snacks for the day, though, so I just dug into a banana for breakfast. Lunch, on the other hand, was awwwwwesoooooome. Richmond, Virginia does not have any raw restaurants (much to my dismay), but New York has a handful! Shellie and I visited Quintessence on 10th St. for a pricey little treat and might I say- I felt spoiled. They had raw ravioli! Explain that one! It was some kind of veggie sliced into thin, round pieces and stuffed with a spinach/basil nut cheeze. On it was a raw pesto and it came with a side of zucchini pasta and salad. It filled me UP! BUT! They had dessert so I had to try something. I went for the pecan pie- which was good, but soooo filling because it's basically made out of nuts. Nuts, nuts, nuts. So I felt pretty sick for the rest of the day and never want to see that pie again haha. My fault for eating it after a relatively large lunch, though. Great experience, in all! I even snagged a menu so that the girls and I can replicate it later!

On the way back, it was sort of the same deal... I didn't quite pack enough. Two bananas and two oranges for breakfast... then some nuts and half a Raw Revolution bar for lunch... and then starving til I got home haha. But for dinner this evening I had a banana, some pineapple, and a simple salad. Feeling good.


Effects:
Weighed myself this afternoon and it said 140 meaning that in the morning, I probably weigh less, MEANING that I might have lost another pound! I feel like I have and I think it's starting to show a bit. If this continues through next week, it should be a bit more obvious :-)

Walking around NYC was the first time I have REALLY craved other foods. I wanted everything I smelled... smell seems to by my go-to sense for whatever reason and it was torturing me in the city. Not being able to eat a bagel and cream cheese had to be the strongest draw... or just sit in a warm restaurant and eat warm food. Ehhhhh. I'm actually glad to be back in Richmond because there will be less temptation here lol.

Poo is looking a bit better! More consistency... I'll keep you updated haha.

Feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment