Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 24- Nay Sayers


Date: April 24, 2012
Weight: 136
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Plus some!
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Moved around ALL day
X  Limited Television: I was exhausted when I got home from work
ü  Clean House: Cleaned somebody else's house...
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Mhmmmmm!
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: So firstly, I finally woke up and did some personal journaling this morning... I open my book and what do I find? $40! Apparently, the universe was happy to see me come back to my soul work haha.

Here's what I ate:
Breakfast: Made a smoothie that tasted like ... machinery... I think the pineapple was bad. So I tossed that and ate a banana, an orange, and some nasty blueberries. Not the most positive start to the morning, but I didn't let it get me down :-)
Snack: The usual suspect: grapes.
Lunch: Fruit salad from dinner last night!
Snack: In starvation mode, I did my apple slices with almond butter/cinnamon/raisin/agave nectar mix and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wanted some more food, though, so had a little bit of leftover Radish/Cucumber/Apple Salad as well :-)
Dinner: "Stir-fried" veggies from Noueveau Raw on top of spinach. Then ate some grapes to mostly calm the halitosis left from dinner haha.

At work today, we ate lunch a little early, so I was starving by the time we left and I made the mistake of mentioning my hunger status out loud. One of my (truly) beloved and well-meaning co-workers commented, "Well, if you weren't just eating fruits and vegetables!"... And I know that's how everybody thinks. Just about everyone I encounter on this diet thinks of me as doing something extreme and completely unhealthy/unnatural for the body, but I just have to look at it from a completely opposite angle. What's more extreme? Eating "food" that has been manufactured in a factory to the point where you don't even recognize half of the ingredients or the food that is naturally found on earth to be consumed and that provides all of a person's vitamins and minerals? On the contrary- I don't think that I am being deprived- I think that the majority of Americans are being deprived of the proper nutrients their body needs and that corporations/the government/ you name it have been misleading us all in what is actually healthy. It's sad when something like Quaker Stila Cookies are considered healthy and real fruit is extreme.

Oh and, when I got home, I ate more and was not starving. That's the beauty of being raw... just eat when you are hungry and keep going until you aren't anymore haha.


Effects: As predicted, I woke up and that magical 10th pound was gone and I'm back at 136. No worries, that's the way weight works and I'm not going to freak out about it. That'll be the day, though, when I can stay BELOW 135. Woop! Hmm... let's see, my skin was the worst today than it's been basically all month. We'll see how that plays out. And, I'm going to say it- I have noticed an improvement in my work ethic since I've been raw! I'm just better at my job and in a better mood. Very interesting! I'm not sure exactly what that's due to, but I am happy to be of better service to those I help.

Here's to not letting the negativity get me down!

1 comment:

  1. Go Bebhinn! 10 pounds is quite the weight loss :) I'm glad that you are making a healthier, happier you :)

    ReplyDelete