Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 15- Halfway there!

Date: April 15, 2012
Weight: 139
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: This journal...
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Moving around ALL DAY
ü  Limited Television: Twas fairly limited...
ü  Clean House: Cleaned up after myself?
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Yerp.
----------------------------
    Daily Breakdown: So! It has officially been over two weeks! I don't think I've made it this far on a "diet" since my almost constant diet in high school haha. Life is good, but I tell ya- I'm starting to crave fake-world food more than ever now. I just. want. to eat with everyone else! It's AWESOME to eat raw with a group of people. It's STINKY to sit with a group of people who are eating tacos and pull out some cantaloupe. And truthfully, it doesn't feel like I've been doing this for two weeks- it feels like I've been at it for a month. Not sure I'm going to keep this up completely after the month is up, but I know for sure that I'm going to keep raw as a regular staple in my life because it feels too darn good. Here's the food breakdown:
-
     Breakfast: Green smoothie made like I normally do, but this time the flavor was BLUEBERRY.
     Snack: Grapes
     3rd Eating Period: Cantaloupe
     4th Eating Period: Une salade that was gross, so I'm not going to even tell you what was in it. No one should go through that eating experience ever again.
     Snackage: Kale chips like woah and Hail Merry Choco Macroooooons! These are INCREDIBLE. (Buy them at your local Wholefoods or order online!)
     More Food: Ate a banana

T   I mentioned that I was moving around all day- Today was Arts in the Alley! Basically helped paint a building in  Fulton Hill. That neighborhood is looking gooooOOD with all the murals lining the streets. I think what's being done in that community is simply beautiful and it warms my heart to see so many dedicated to the well-being of the folks living there. I hear they have an awesome sense of community and that it's a wonderful place to live- I totally believe it.
 
     As for the rest of my day, I made chips in the dehydrator. Not sure how they turned out because I had to leave the house before they were ready. Recipe below!

    Effects: Um you know, ever since starting this, I didn't get the energy BOOST that I was expecting, but I CAN say that my head is so much clearer. I just haven't gotten any brain fog or anything of the sort... it's like my body is primed and ready for anything, so it's just letting my brain work which is a really nice change. Also, I rarely fart and haven't had serious bloating at all. Today, the skin on my face isn't inflamed and actually looks pretty nice. There's still a bit of acne hanging around, but so far- so better. My poop (because I know that everyone is hanging on the edge of their seats to hear about it) has been a lot... more... normal haha. Actually that's a lie, it's still kind of weird. I have to do some research on that because "everything comes down to poo"! I am, as I stated above, craving food like crazy, but I've been able to hold onto this project. If I was just doing this just because, I would have faltered by now, but the nature of this project has kept me steadfast! I am proud to at least say that.

Here's to Hail Merry Choco Macroons! For they keep me satisfied and my wallet lite....

----------------------

Nouveau Raw cracker recipe:
Ingredients for Cherry Tomato Marinara:
  • 2 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
  • 2 Tbsp cold pressed olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 tsp dried basil
  • 2 tsp raw agave syrup
  • 1 tsp himalayan crystal salt
  • 1 cups flax ** see below
  • 1/2 cup ground flax **see below
Preparation:
  1. Soak the flax seeds in a medium sized bowl with about 3 cups of water.  I usually soak mine over night but today I just let them soak for about 4 hours.  You want most of not all of the water to have been adsorbed with the flax gel that it creates.
  2. To make the Marinara, place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
  3. Add the sauce to the already soaked flax seeds and stir well.
  4. Now add in the ground flax and mix well making sure you don’t have any clumps.  Set the mixture aside and let it stand for about 15 minutes.  This will thicken it up.
  5. With a measuring cup, pour 2 cups worth on to the non-stick teflex dehydrator sheet and spread out evenly.  The thinner you spread it the thinner and crisper the cracker will be.  I personally like a thicker cracker so I leave mine about 1/4″ thick.  This better should make about 4 cups worth so you will need to dehydrator trays.
  6. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for about 4 hours.  If it is dry enough, flip the teflex sheet over on to the mesh sheet and peel the teflex off.  If seeds are sticking to it as you try to do this, it’s not ready to flip.  But if it is ready, flip it and score into the desire cracker size and sprinkle salt on the crackers.  Return to the dehydrator.
  7. Continue dehydrating until nice and crisp.
  8. Store in a glass sealed container on the counter top and watch them disappear!
How do your crackers stack up?

No comments:

Post a Comment