Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 28- On the go!


Date: April 28, 2012
Weight: 137
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: One hour of yoga first thing!
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Zee joga.
ü  Limited Television: Watched two episodes of Adventure Time- best show ever.
ü  Clean House: Was out all day!
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Traveled Raw!
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Again, a ridiculous day, so I don't really feel like posting. You know what the crazy thing is- at first I kind of kept this blog/journal to stay sane during this experience, but now being raw is so habitual that I don't even feel like what I did today was a big deal! It was just a day like any other day! Of course, today, I was in Harrisonburg seeing my brother in a show, so I had to pack all of my food ahead of time and spent the entire day traveling. Here was Bebhinn on the go:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie: Spinach, frozen bananas (maybe 1 1/2?), a bunch of strawberries, some bits of pineapple, honey, and Vitamineral Green, ya'll.
Snack: Grapes. Uh DOY
Lunchish: The family ate at Buffalo Wild Wings- when the waitress asked me what I wanted, I told her, "Just a knife please!" She quickly shot back, "You're gonna eat a knife?" I told her that would be too expensive, but if she could spare, I'd like a small plate too. ... ... And this is going to be my life until raw becomes mainstream... so for a very long time haha. Eventually she brought me my "lunch" and didn't scoff when she saw my apples with nut-butter mix. She actually just told me an anecdote about her roommate trying to go vegan, but liking pasta too much. You can probably catch the holes in that story :-) She was sweet, though, so it was nice to not have someone role their eyes at me haha.
Dinnerish: Everyone ate at Outback and told the server that I have "special dietary needs", so I wasn't bothered haha. My appetizer was the new batch of kale chips I made! They turned out better, but I thought they could actually use a bit more flavor... so I'll just have to try again! My second course was an orange and then my main dish was a spinach salad with my spinach dip. I have had my fair share of greens today, I'll tell ya that much. I'm actually feeling pretty bloated after eating so much in a meal haha.
Car ride home: An orange to get the taste of garlic off my breath.


Effects: Interesting effect noticed! My brother asked me if things started to taste differently since I've been raw... at first I told him that I hadn't noticed anything, but then remembered that the water from our faucet has tasted like mold to me lately. My father hadn't noticed, so something with my pallet was able to pick that up. Also, I basically can't stand many non-organic fruits anymore because they just don't taste like anything to me... I have to get organic in order to enjoy them. I had that to a degree before, but it IS even stronger now. I guess my tastes have changed! That and I am absolutely craving things like my morning smoothies and the apples. I gotta say- I love being raw!

Here's to trying to not be obnoxiously healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment