Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 27- Whistle While You Work


Date: April 27, 2012
Weight: 137
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Meditated this morning... was going to do yoga, but sought revenge on the alarm at  4am
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Body Pump and Body Combat at the gym (making up for yesterday!)
ü  Limited Television: No time! I'm a busy bee.
ü  Clean House: Again, after myself in the kitchen... *fwew*!
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: LOVING. IT.
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Oy- I am exhausted, so I'll try to keep this short and sweet. Yesterday I received amazing news: I have been accepted as a teaching fellow with New York City Public Schools this fall and will be working in a low-income community toward closing the achievement gap in their education system. It is going to be a wonderfully rewarding job, but a stressful one at that- so as you can imagine, I am wired UP. I had absolutely no time to write yesterday because I was trying to get my mind and life in place to move in a month-and-a-half.

Lately, though, when it comes to raw I have, number one, been enjoying the hell out of myself. Everything in life is easier except for one thing: food preparation. I feel as though I spend every free minute uncooking in the kitchen. Between thinking ahead to soak the nuts/seeds, to cutting all of the fruits and vegetables, to washing and drying my own greens, to finally cleaning up all of the equipment. I mean, you gotta use food processors, blenders, dehydrators, yadda yadda, for every recipe hahaha. It is grueling. There's hardly such a thing as convenience food when you are obsessed with variety. For folks who just do raw like eating fruit as fruit and nuts as nuts, life is EASY. For those of us wanting to make chips, dips, wraps, and whatnots- life gets expensive and time is always crunched. Stressed out, but also enjoying my proficiency in the raw kitchen these days!

Here was my day:
Breakfast: Out of greens, so just a regular smoothie + Vitamineral Green! Two bananas, pineapple, and agave nectar.
Snack: Of course! My new/old obsession: grapes.
Lunchtime Meal: Two oranges
2:00 meal (seems to be my favorite every day): Tried to eat the garlic kale chips I made yesterday, but they were disgusting. I made too much flavoring for too few chips. Ick. Making them again tonight, so we'll try em out tomorrow morning!
I worked out!
Post-Workout Snack: Another orange (mostly to get rid of the remaining garlic taste in my mouth...)
Evening Meal: Small spinach salad with shredded carrots and cabbage + some of my spinach dip
Not hungry for dessert, but very focused on preparing food- as always.


Effects: I'm looking thinner, my clothes fit wonderfully, and I am feeling more confident for it. It's like I am gaining myself back. For awhile, I had been so self-conscious that I couldn't let loose and just be me, now that my mind isn't focused on my muffin top or clouded by a caffeine-induced haze... my personality is free. Well, not completely. I think I will feel a LOT better once I lose 15-20 lbs in all, but for now... the world is just a brighter place to live in. I have to continue being mostly raw because this just feels too damn good. It's just too... damn... good.

Here's to SLEEP! G'NIGHT!
-------------------
Raw Garlic Kale Chips Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment