Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5- Banana Splits!

Date: April 5th, 2012
Weight: 140.5
Daily Goals:
------------------------
XMeditation/Yoga/Journal: Morning went a little quick, so didn't get much chance. Doing this journal, though!
XDaily Physical Exercise: No time today, but walked around work as much as possible.
ü  Limited Television: Pretty limited, but not my best.
ü  Clean House: Cleaned up the kitchen and the living room
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: 100%!
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Today was a good day for raw. Well, my morning green smoothie had too much Vitamineral Green in it, so it was kind of gross, but other than that... :
Breakfast: Green Smoothie (Kale/Vitamineral Green + Strawberries/Blueberries/Banana + raw honey + water)
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Mashed bananas with coconut and dried cherries, amazing organic oranges
Snack: A plum and curry kale chips (store-bought... will be making my own from now on at Yvonne's for MUCH cheaper)
Dinner: Amazing meal with the ladies! I made a zucchini pasta dish from Nouveau Raw (recipe below)- it was pretty yummy considering our raw circumstances haha. Jackie brought a Spanish "rice" dish made from cauliflower and Yvonne made a tabbouleh that wasn't 100% raw with the bulgur wheat... so I didn't eat it, but it sounded yummers. I just LOVE doing this 30 day experiment with a group of people for support... I don't know how I would be doing right now if it weren't for their guidance, help cooking, and overall camaraderie. We started watching a video about the Gerson Therapy that is reeeeeally fascinating. I plan on watching the rest whenever possible.

Oh man, I almost forgot! We borrowed an old juicer from somebody and made banana splits with it! Basically, when you run bananas through this old juicer, it makes soft serve... we put that over cut-up bananas, drizzled it with honey and a carob mixture, then put toppings on like coconut and walnuts... and it was awesome! We each had a HUGE bowl because it's basically guilt-free. Oh man... I'm going to make that a regular staple in my life. Took some home and mixed it with some raw chocolate stuff... hoping for chocolate-ish ice-cream from it in the near future :-)

Effects: Okay, I'm just gonna up and say it- I have diarrhea. Yup! I was told that as the toxins exit your body, a lot of physical reactions may take place and this is my first big one. I have... diarrhea... but it should fix within a week, I believe, as my system clears out! Jackie got rashes or hives all up and down her legs when she first went raw... those toxins have to come out somehow! And it's not pretty...

Besides that I'm feeling pretty good. Tired, as per usual, but I have spring break at work coming up and I am very much so looking forward to the "break" (not really much of one actually haha). Wooohooooo rawwwwww.

-------------------------
Zucchini Pasta with Marinara Sauce
From nouveauraw.com


Recipe adapted from: Practically Raw
Ingredients: yields 2 cups =  4 servings (1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soak if hard for 20 minutes)
  • 2 medium ripe tomatoes (seeded and rough chopped)
  • 1 Tbsp raw agave nectar
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 medium zucchini (spiralized)
Preparation:
  1. Create zucchini noodles and set aside.
  2. Combine all the other ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until well combined.  Sauce should be thick.
  3. Tip: you can substitute raw apple cider vinegar for balsamic vinegar for if you want to retain an all raw dish.

Nutritional Value: (per 1/4 cup serving)
  • Calories: 116
  • Fat: 8g
  • Carbs: 11g
  • Fiber: 4g
  • Sugar: 1g
  • Protein: 4
  • GI: 3 (1-100)

No comments:

Post a Comment