Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 21: Slumpeville Population ZERO

Date: April 21, 2012 (Happy Earth Day Eve!)
Weight: 138
Daily Goals:
------------------------
X  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: No, gosh darnit. I didn't even think about it.
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Moved around a lot
ü  Limited Television: Meh?
ü  Clean House: Exempt! I was cleaning up a park!
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: yep. YEP. YEP. <--- Evolution of the "yep"
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Super cool day! First of all, I'd like to officially announce that I am no longer in a slump! I can't promise anything for tomorrow, but the slumpish feelings that had taken me over this week have vanished; hence the title of this journal entry. I added the "e" in Slumpeville because I thought it more dignified and apparently my spell-check agreed, because it is no longer underlined in red error tape. ... I just realized that I should probably finish this portion under "effects", so if you are wondering how I'm feelin... tis there... tis there.

Kay! So last weekend was Arts in the Alley, this week was Special Olympics, and now this weekend I participated in the DC Servathon with some Bike & Build alumnus! It has been a serviceful week, for which I am grateful :-) I got to wade in a creek picking up trash (and recycling!) at the Marvin Gaye Park in Washington DC. A great time was had by all and the park looked spectacular once we were all finished. We even had a... wait... this is a raw food blog, not a "my life" blog. So sorry. I'll get back to the topic at hand:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie! 1 cup of spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 a mango, a pineapple wheel, Vitamineral Green, and agave nectar.... and some water of course :-)
Snack: Grapes, as per yewj (usual)
Lunch (while others ate free sangwhiches and I didn't even care): 2 oranges and 1 banana
Snack: Two apples and my beloved almond butter/cinnamon/raisins/agave nectar concoction!
Dinner: Leftovers from last night's feast!


Effects: Today, as I mentioned, I just felt great. Usually waking up early on a Saturday morning to go for a drive left me grabbin' a bagel and coffee and just feeling drowsy/weighted down. Not for me today, baby! I felt light, fresh, alert... I was truly at my best this morning. It was easy to flash people a smile and even easier to let the aggressive drivers do their thing without affecting me. I just... loved being raw today! That's good news, especially considering my recent slump... but today I'm all in. Perhaps it's the whole "not being around other people's food" thing. Yeah, that must be it...

The one bit of me that doesn't quite feel right is my throat, which could be acid reflux orrrr my singing at the top of my lungs for about two hours while driving today. Probably the latter haha.

Here's to getting some sleep, exercise, motivation, and oh, did I say SLEEP?.... tomorrow :-)
------------------------

PS- I know I don't have readers, but I feel obligated to share the movie Chimpanzees with everybody. It's this insanely awesome true story about Chimps in the wild... and the whole family will love it while hopefully remembering how important it is to preserve these amazing creatures' natural habitat. Here's the trailer!


No comments:

Post a Comment