Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 13- Wake-up call!

Date: April 13, 2012
Weight: 140 (fluctuaaationnnn)
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: First thing this morning!
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Frickin yoga PLUS a 30 mile bike ride okaaaaaaaay
ü  Limited Television: Until the evening when I was WIPED
XClean House: No, no I did not.
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Doin' great with this one
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Wowzer- what a full day! I definitely needed this. Here's the food breakdown for those who may use this as a guide:

Breakfast: Regular ole smoothie, no greens. Didn't feel it this mornin'. Frozen banana plus strawberries, honey, and, okay, Vitamineral Green.
2nd.. meal: 2 bananas
Shortly after: corn with some leftover tomato sauce, onions, sundried tomatoes, and zucchini. Interesting little creation.
During bike ride: Raw Revolution bar
After bike ride: A thousand kale chips and a banana
Dinnery: Grapessssss

Yeah today was pretty cray cray. Woke up first thing and soaked some cashews for the kale chips (recipe below!) and then went straight to doing yoga. Twas delightful! After getting ready and such.. and more such, I eventually prepared the kale chip stuff and shipped it over to Yvonne's to use her dehydrator! Well, wouldn't you know it- she was leaving for the BEACH! So with her infinite generosity, she allowed me to borrow it for the weekenndddd. SCOOOOORE! Needless to say, my house smelled like sour cream and onion (again, see recipe!) for six hours straight. Making... SOMETHING else tomorrow!

Okay now for the nuts part- as some of you (if anybody ever reads this, ever) may know, I rode a road bike across the United States last year. By August I had some pretty beefy quads. Well.. I got back on my bike today to do a standard 30 mile ride and... oh man... GREATLY underestimated my current cycling abilities. I was actually in pain after 20 miles. 20... miles. Last summer, I would ride for an average of 70 miles a day and finished four centuries! Oh man. Not good. My mind, for a fleeting moment, went to that place of "is this raw food's doing?" but then images of Freelee from www.rawfitbitch.com started circulating in my head and I only had myself to blame for getting out of shape. As of today, I am officially kicking up the exercise regime! Well, tomorrow I might not be able to walk and that's just fine.. I can sit that one out haha, but I'm seriously going to pick it up. Never going through that embarrassment again!

Effects: Sooo it appears that my weight is back up two pounds. No worries, weight fluctuates and that is to be expected. Also, I worked out like crazy today, so I am hopeful for the near future when it comes to that. Yvonne told me that she lost another two pounds and I can definitely tell! We are starting to look gooooooood. Um, nothing too drastic really... except maybe my performance on the bike today, but again- I blame my out-of-shapeness, not the food at this point. If Freelee can do it! So can I.

Here's to being buff.
------------------------------
Nouveau Raw obsession...


Ingredients:
  • 1 head of curly kale, organic
  • 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 to 3 hours
  • 4 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp black peppercorns (fresh ground)
  • 1 tsp sea salt
Preparation:
  1. Wash and de-stem your kale.  Starting at the bottom of the kale, strip away all leaves leaving behind only the stems. Tear leaves into approximately 2- to 3-inch pieces.   Make sure you get as much excess water off of the kale as possible.  If you don’t it will make your sauce “soupy”.  Set aside.
  2. In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until creamy.
  3. In a large bowl pour your sauce over the kale and evenly coat.  Use your hands for this job.  It is easier and more fun!
  4. Place the kale on the non-stick Teflex sheets that come with your dehydrator.  Spread the pieces out.
  5. Dehydrate on 105 degrees for approx. 6-8 hrs or until dry.  I tend to pull mine out before it gets 100% dry because I like it a little chewy.
  6. Store in an airtight glass container and be ready to nibble non-stop till the last crumb is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment