Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 17- DECEPTION ALERT

Date: April 17, 2012
Weight: 138
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Woke up at FOUR A.M to do yoga this morning. So- big, fat check!
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Zee yoga.
ü  Limited Television: Yeah had barely any time, but enjoyed a tad bit just after work.
ü  Clean House: I cleaned the dehydrator and cleaned the house of those I babysit...
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Or did I?...
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: THE number one first thing I have to mention is that we've all been deceived. Yup! Remember that Hail Merry product I mentioned in an earlier post? The Choco Macaroons? They're not 100% raw! On the front of the packaging, it lists an assortment of health facts about the product... the first one being RAW. Well, the fine print on the back actually states that half of the ingredients are, indeed, not raw. If you have some raw ingredients in a product and some not-raw in ingredients... then your product is not raw. That salad at McDonald's with raw lettuce, raw tomatoes, and a package of ranch dressing cannot be labeled raw because it's NOT. So- please do not buy this product if you are attempting a 30 Day Raw-Vegan Cleanse. They are still delicious and fairly nutritious compared to the other guys, but really- deceiving.

      Here's my day:
      Midnight- Wake-up and turn off the dehydrator
      4:00am- Wake-up and do YOGA
      Breakfast- Smoothie with cantaloupe and strawberry.. not a winning combination lol
      Go to work :-)
      Snack- Big 'A' thing of grapes
      Lunch- Two rather large oranges
      Snack- A kagillion kale chips, some dates, and... alas...  a Hail Merry not-so-raw macaroon
      4:00- Babysitting!
      Dinner- A rockin' salad with spinach, corn, avocado, onions, salsa, and my cracker-wrap thingies.

   
Effects: Twas a good day! I think being raw helped me through my exhaustion today because otherwise I would have indulged in some caffeine and gotten antsy. Today I had just enough energy to get me through. I have received compliments about how my skin looks- the inflammation is downtown baby! As in.. it's down... not as much. I am still have cravings like crazy, but I'm amazed at how full I am by two oranges at lunch. I almost didn't finish them! It'll be nice to have some cooked food, but I am so much more aware of what I really need now. Awesoooome.


Here's to calling out false advertising!



No comments:

Post a Comment