Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 10- Pizza!...???

Date: April 10, 2012
Weight: 139
Daily Goals:
------------------------
üXMeditation/Yoga/Journal: Uh oh, bad girl. Didn't do this.
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Went to the gym!
üXLimited Television: Spring Break's been hard haha.
ü  Clean House: Yeah, did quite a bit of this.
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Yup, yup!
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Again, this is being written on the next day because I plum forgot to journal last night. It's okay though, I'll get back on the bandwagon later on this evening. Anywho, yesterday was a frustrating day because I didn't have the motivation to get anything done that I needed to. That being said, I did succeed in staying raw for the 10th day in a row! Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Apple Pudding recipe from the Green Smoothies app
Snack: Orange Slices
Other Snack: Grapes
... I feel like there was something else in here, but I can't remember
Dinner: With the ladies!

Dinner was pretty awesome- we had gracious guests who were experiencing raw for the first time and it was a great chance for exposure! I think one of them in particular thought we were nuts (he being a chef and having to deal with "difficult" eaters a LOT), but in the end offered to host a dinner at his place haha. I think he's a tad bit excited about trying new recipes!
I brought a raw stir fry that I found on Nouveau Raw. It was delicious! There was a also a broccoli soup, some smoothie goodness, veggies with nut dips, and a salad. The highlight of the evening, though, was the PIZZA! Tina had this great idea to try making raw pizza because it's one of her vices in everyday, ordinary life, so it was on. Jackie supplied the recipe for onion crackers, Yvonne dehydrated them, and then Tina topped them with nut spread, tomatoes, mushrooms, and then a raw cheese (not vegan, so I passed on the cheese). It. Was. TO DIE FOR. I couldn't stop eating them! I've put the basic recipe below and you MUST try them. Not sure the source, but oh- so delectable.

Effects: Same old, same old. Folks told me that I looked a bit thinner and that my skin looked clearer, so that's all good signs! Now... not to get too real on everybody, but I have been noticing some effects that have to do with my history of eating disorder. I've found that I feel guilty eating nut butters and such because of the high-calorie content. I need to get over it, but that has actually been a struggle for me. I feel guilty eating the portion of this diet that gives us some meat on our bones haha. Something to work out with myself, but I just had to get real!
------------------------
Apple Pudding:
- 4 cups of apple (I put two small apples because I have an itty bitty blender)
- 1 medium banana
- 3/4 head of lettuce (I used kale cause that's what I had)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
* I added Vitamineral Green

Blend together and enjoy!


Pizza Crackers
3.5 yellow onions (sliced)
2 T Italian seasoning
4 T liquid aminos
2 limes squeezed (Yvonne used lemons)
1 1/2 C pumpkin seeds
1 C sunflower seeds (soak & drain)
2 T flax
Extras: jalapenos, salt, basil

Basically throw them all in a bowl, work it with your hands, then dehydrate it! Not sure the time or temperature, but that information might be out there on the internet.

Marinated Stir Fry: nouveauraw.com

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (I used Crimini mushrooms 8 oz package)
  • 4 cups broccoli, broken in small florets
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, white or black
  • cherry tomatoes (add when serving)
In a separate small bowl combine:
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
  • 3 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Animos or Nama Shoyu
  • 1-2  garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Preparation:
  1. Pour sauce over broccoli and mushrooms and stir well.
  2. At first it may seem as though there isn’t enough “juice” to coat the veggies but as they marinate and the water is drawn out of the veggies, it creates more juice.
  3. You can do one of three things here; #1 You can place the bowl in the dehydrator at 105 degrees for about an hour or so to warm it up.  #2 Allow it to marinate on the counter top for a couple of hours or #3 place bowl in fridge and let it marinate over night.
____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment