Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 20

Date: April 20, 2012
Weight: 1...3...9...
Daily Goals:
------------------------
X Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Nah dawg
X Daily Physical Exercise: N.O.
ü  Limited Television: THAT I accomplished
ü  Clean House: Oh Yeah
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: As per always!
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: Oy. I tell you what. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Mostly, I think, because of my lack of weight loss. I had much too high expectations, and they haven't been met. I'm sorry for getting all negative because I really need to focus on the benefits of this diet (Yvonne keeps telling me that I look thinner and my skin looks great- bless her lol), but I have NEVER been able to stick with something this long... so I was hoping that with my dedication, there would be some rewards. I feel as though there were rewards in the first 9 days, but it has just been a struggle ever since. Perhaps you need to go more than a month to really reap the rewards... and quite honestly I feel as though my life would be of a "lesser" quality right now if I was eating the way I had been... but... I don't know. I'm just disappointed... and my coworkers got Panera today... and a lady exclaimed "Woah- your skin broke out!" when I finally felt comfortable to not wear makeup to school lol. It's been an interesting time.

The GOOD news about today, though, is that my dad and I threw together a little raw shindig this evening in like 4 hours. I made four recipes in four hours hahaha while my dad focused on cleaning up. It was great- well here was the menu:
- Cabbage Rolls with a "Peanut" Sauce (super yummy and very "meal-like")
- Spinach Dip (a HUGE hit)
- Veggies and Raw Ranch Dressing (not a fan)
- """""Mac 'n Cheese"""" (I put extra quotation marks because it was a stretch... and I wasn't a huge fan of this either hahaha)
- Radish/Apple/Cucumber Salad by Yvonne... totes yum!

It was a really nice get-together and a fun way to spend the afternoon/evening. All of the recipes are below!


Effects: Same as per usual, though I did notice this morning that my back has broken out with little pimplies all over. Hope that goes away shortly haha. Besides that, still bummed about the weight thing. If raw won't do it... what will?

Here's to not sweatin' the small stuff! I really need to embrace that lesson.
------------------------------
Today's recipes


Raw Cabbage Rolls  and Peanut Sauce


























Spinach Dip (amazing with red bell peppers dipped in)














Ranch Dressing (only make if you really like dill)















The... Mac 'n Cheese...ish...thing


















Radish, Cucumber, Apple Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment