Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 2: Attack of the Seeds!

Date: April 2, 2012
Weight: 145
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Attempted to meditate this morning, was not extremely successful
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Didn't have much time, but worked in a walk around the neighborhood (knees still bothered from weekend run)
ü  Limited Television: Watched only a small amount then got my booty off the couch!
ü  Clean House: Did some work in the kitchen
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Check!
-----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: So the first day completely on my own raw aaaaand going to work. Needless to say, I got a few wide eyes, eye rolls, and many other eye movements when I told people what I was doing. I'm usually difficult when it comes to food, though, (you know, the whole vegetarian thing), so nobody was surprised. I started my day with 2 1/2 oranges... tried to eat more, but my body just didn't want it. For snack, all I HAD was sunflower seeds so I chomped on them throughout the day. They weren't enough, so I ate a banana too. Then lunch was sunflower seeds, two bananas, and an orange. Yeah, sounds like an appetizing day so far, I know. After school, though, I finally got a chance to go shopping and picked up some essentials. The next couple of days should be a bit more bearable :-) While shopping, I ate some strawberries and a couple of bites of a raw snacky bar thing I found... by mid-afternoon I had already consumed about 900 calories which totally surprised me. I had no idea the fruit and seeds I was eating were adding up so quickly! I have since made a decision to eat more fruit and much less of the fun stuff... which is usually made out of nuts. They have lots of good fat and calories to be burned off, but I'm not trying to gain weight this month. Maybe when I get to exercise a bit more... Anywho, dinner was a spinach salad topped with the coleslaw from last night, some olive oil, ground flax seeds, rawmesan cheeze stuff, and some garlic salt. It was decent. Feeling pretty full and satisfied (yet not weighted down!) this evening :-)

Feelings: Hmmmm, I was tired all day, but I don't feel like it was from what I was eating. I get this tired a lot when waking up at 5:00am to go to work haha. Tonight I'm trying to go to bed earlier, especially since I wanted to do yoga in the morning. That's going to be interesting with my knees all messed up from this weekend. Awwww well! I did get some gas today from anything I ate with nuts in it and I felt hungry at the normal times I usually feel hungry. At the end of each meal, though, totally satisfied... even though the tacos and pizza others were eating smelled a lot more appetizing. Deliver me from temptation! Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment