Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 18- How to Cut a Pineapple

Date: April 18, 2012
Weight: 138 conflabbit.
Daily Goals:
------------------------
ü  Meditation/Yoga/Journal: Not yet, but the night is young
ü  Daily Physical Exercise: Heading to boot camp!
ü  Limited Television: Two episodes of Scrubs did the trick!
ü  Clean House: Erm... that's a negative ghostwriter (I know it's ghost rider, but my childhood and PBS are one-in-the-same)
ü  Of Course, Stay Raw: Everyday I'm shufflin'... raw
----------------------------
Daily Breakdown: The day isn't over yet, so I can't speak for this evening. I have a chit-chat date with a long-distance friend later, though, so let's take care of this now. Here's the day!

Breakfast: Amazing raw smoothie consisting of 1 cup of kale, some Vitamineral Green, a frozen banana, a pear (should peel it next time), half a mango, half of a lemon, and a squeeze of agave nectar. Best one I've made YET. Idea from the Green Smoothies App :-)
Snack: Grapes, grapes, and more grapes
Lunch: Rest of my mango and some freshly sliced pineapple! (Ever since learning how to cut pineapples I'm basically addicted)
Snack: A hoard of kale chips (really need to make more...), two dates, and my sliced apples with almond butter mixed with cinnamon, raisins, and agave nectar. I had a case of the munchies dude.
Dinner: That is yet to be seen... probably salad-inspired.


Effects: So! I'm beginning to think that I have unrealistic expectations. I got into this whole raw thing to first and foremost gain complete health. I wanted to know what true health felt like and I believe I am on my way to that. My brain is clear, happiness is easier, and an entire side of my face is acne-free. Awesome. BUT. I kind of superficially wanted to lose a good amount of weight. I expected 10 lbs my first month and I lost 7 in the first 7 days. That was great, but my weight has been completely stagnant for 11 days. That's not computing for me. I guess that I am actually eating enough calories in plant-based foods that I am maintaining my current weight. And, of course, my current weight is better than the initial pound-age, but I believe that those pounds were more gunk in my system than fat. *le sigh* It is a superficial thought, but it's a real one haha... though I should be very grateful for what raw has brought me.

Here's to fruit in the face of mac 'n cheese!


The life-changing video on How to Cut a Pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment